Baltic wind
MW
Baltic bioenergy
6.0 MW

Lithuanian offshore wind farm

The Lithuanian offshore wind farm project is being developed by Baltic Energy Group UAB, which was founded in 2007.

In 2015, Nelja Energia AS acquired 74% of the shares in the Lithuanian offshore wind farm. Lithuanian subsidiary UAB 4energia owns the remaining 26% of shares.

In 2010, the Baltic Energy Group began the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process. The EIA was approved in 2014.

In 2017 the Lithuanian government decided to centralize development of offshore wind park sites. The fully permitted sites will be tendered to potential investors. Nelja Energia is closely monitoring the process and evalutaing the feasibility of participating in the tenders.